This past weekend was our first visit to Rock Athletic Park in Roxboro, NC, for a 10U tournament. The Rock Athletic Park (also known as Sportsplex) is the home of Person County Little League.
Nearby food and retail includes a Wal-Mart Super Center, Jersey Mike’s and Arby’s.
At Rock Athletic Park, there are 5 baseball fields – 4 full fields with bleachers and covered dugouts, and 1 retro small field with wooden dugouts.
- Concession stand (more info)
- Restrooms (more info)
- Parking is adequate – note that you have to pay for admission before you can park
- Dogs are not allowed although I did see some during our visit
Not So Great Things:
- Seating areas are not covered so you are not shielded from sun, rain or foul balls and there are no trees to provide shade
- No public WiFi and cell signal is not strong
- New to EVs, I am always on the lookout now for charging stations. No charging station here.
Rock Athletic Park offered mobile concessions via L&D On the Move . On the day of our visit, offerings included hot dogs with chili and slaw, corn dogs, candy such as blow pops and airheads as well as Snickers and Reese’s, fish and chicken sandwiches, Gatorade and Pepsi products. According to one our fans, the corn dog was fried well and crispy on the outside. Prices were very reasonable, and you can get a hot dog, chips, and a drink for $5.
The restrooms at the Rock Athletic Park are at the entrance of the complex. There are 3 stalls in the women’s bathroom. The mens’ bathroom has 3 urinals and 2 stalls. The bathrooms, although on the small side, are clean with adequate soap and handsfree dryers. Stall doors are metal and sufficient for privacy. There is also a large port-o-john near the back fields.
- Person County Little League has a lot of sponsors, as demonstrated through their flags.
This complex was fine for one day of baseball. Fields were not too close together and mobile food trailer provided more options than expected. For the second day of our tournament, we were at The Diamonds.
The Rock Athletic Park is located at 215 Wesleyan Road (also referred to as Wesleyan Heights Road) in Roxboro NC.